Welcome to the Institute of Applied Plant Nutrition (IAPN). An increasing world population, changing dietary habits and climate change place great demands on agricultural research. Increasingly, the focus in agriculture is on questions pertaining to the efficient use of arable and pasture land, of water and of plant nutrients.
The IAPN addresses these issues. We are committed to researching the role of intelligent fertilization management in handling these global challenges, and to provide solutions.
We see ourselves as an interface between science and agricultural practice. The development of approaches to an efficient transfer of knowledge is therefore another important concern. We aim to pool knowledge in a global network, creating synergies for successful research and practical implementation of these research results.
- IAPN in Dialogue Palm oil is part of our daily lives – how can a sustainable cultivation of oil palms be developed?
- Dr. Bálint Jákli carries on research at IAPN
- Dr. Merle Tränkner took up Junior Professorship
- Grundpraktikum: Analytik und Probenvorbereitung
- Prof. Cakmak continues his research activities at the IAPN
Sponsors of the Institute
The Institute of Applied Plant Nutrition is affiliated with the University of Goettingen.
The IAPN is funded by the K+S KALI GmbH.