Welcome to the Institute of Applied Plant Nutrition (IAPN). An increasing world population, changing dietary habits and climate change place great demands on agricultural research. Increasingly, the focus in agriculture is on questions pertaining to the efficient use of arable and pasture land, of water and of plant nutrients.
The IAPN addresses these issues. We are committed to researching the role of intelligent fertilization management in handling these global challenges, and to provide solutions.
We see ourselves as an interface between science and agricultural practice. The development of approaches to an efficient transfer of knowledge is therefore another important concern. We aim to pool knowledge in a global network, creating synergies for successful research and practical implementation of these research results.
- Dr. Setareh Jamali Jaghdani ready to face new challenges
- Magnesium deficiency in spinach: new publication of Dr. Setareh Jamali Jaghdani
- Setareh Jamali Jaghdani has graduated
- IAPN has published Annual Report 2020
- Professor Dr. Ismail Cakmak receives honorary professorship at University of Göttingen
- Junior Professor Dr. Merle Tränkner takes on new tasks
- Tingting Liu initiates her research at IAPN on magnesium and drought stress
- IAPN supports research in "DaLeA – Permanent living mulch in agriculture" project
(Photo: D. Jákli)
Sponsors of the Institute
The Institute of Applied Plant Nutrition is affiliated with the University of Goettingen.
The IAPN is funded by K+S Minerals and Agriculture GmbH.