Welcome to the Institute of Applied Plant Nutrition (IAPN). An increasing world population, changing dietary habits and climate change place great demands on agricultural research. Increasingly, the focus in agriculture is on questions pertaining to the efficient use of arable and pasture land, of water and of plant nutrients.
The IAPN addresses these issues. We are committed to researching the role of intelligent fertilization management in handling these global challenges, and to provide solutions.
We see ourselves as an interface between science and agricultural practice. The development of approaches to an efficient transfer of knowledge is therefore another important concern. We aim to pool knowledge in a global network, creating synergies for successful research and practical implementation of these research results.
- IAPN has published Annual Report 2022
- In October 2023, Johanna Marie Lass joined the IAPN team as a new scientist
- Doctoral position (m/f/d) to be filled at IAPN
- IAPN welcomes Dr. Renata Callegari Ferrari
- Non-invasive assessment of plant-water relations: a new publication of Dr. Paulo Cabrita
- IAPN has published Annual Report 2021
- Professor Dr. Abdullah Ulas conducted research at IAPN
- Dr. Setareh Jamali Jaghdani ready to face new challenges
(Photo: D. Jákli)
Sponsors of the Institute
The Institute of Applied Plant Nutrition is affiliated with the University of Goettingen.
The IAPN is funded by K+S Minerals and Agriculture GmbH.